Part 2: Yoga of 12-Step Recovery offers a rich and powerful framework for addiction recovery and relapse prevention.
Designed for yoga teachers who wish to work with the recovery population, this training is also extremely relevant and helpful for therapists, counselors, social workers, probation officers and others who wish to understand how the philosophies and practices of yoga align with the 12-step program of recovery.
ACCESS A COMMUNITY OF SUPPORT, AND THE RESOURCES TO LAUNCH A LOCAL PROGRAM NEAR YOU.
As a certified Y12SR leader, you’ll have full access to a library of training and marketing materials that offer a road map for launching new community-based meetings or bringing Y12SR into a local treatment center. We also offer monthly conference calls and a closed social media group, providing Y12SR leaders with a safe space to ask questions, share encouragement and collaborate.
Y12SR LEADERSHIP TRAINING:
Get the tools, knowledge and support to offer weekly Yoga of 12-Step Recovery meetings in your community.
The Y12SR Leadership Training teaches participants to:
• Create safe, sacred, open, inclusive space that welcomes all those dealing with their own addictive behavior or are affected by the addictive behavior of others.
• Understand the 12-step process of addiction recovery as well as recognizing the symptomology of unresolved trauma, and a dys-regulated nervous system.
• Use yoga and its practices to provide relapse prevention tools and sustainable ways for managing internal states.
• Take advantage of teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who are struggling emotionally.
• Use social learning theory to model new behavior through observational learning.
• Recognize the traps of projection, transference, counter-transference, boundary violation, spiritual bypass, arrogance.
• Work collaboratively within the group setting and with institutions.
• Develop a network of professionals including trauma experts and others in the addiction/recovery treatment field.
This training is designed for yoga teachers wanting to work with the recovery population. It is also found to be extremely relevant and helpful for therapists, counselors, social workers, probation officers and others with a desire to understand how the ancient philosophies and practices of yoga align with the 12-step program of recovery.
To be a certified Y12SR Leader, you must complete both the Y12SR Leadership Training and Y12SR Intensive, which is now available online. We suggest taking the Online Intensive prior to Leadership Training.
Your Leader:Melanie Heraldson
Melanie Haraldson, RYT-500, lost her father to suicide in 2013. Finding healing through the practice of yoga, she decided to make it her life’s work. Melanie teaches yoga in treatment centers throughout South Florida and has held monthly Y12SR meetings since 2014. Her purpose is to be of service, to hold space for those who suffer with addiction or who have been impacted by addiction, and to help others transform and thrive in their recovery.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
Yoga and the 12 steps were instrumental in saving my life and I know first hand the power that yoga and the 12 steps hold in helping to re-shape and re-create life. As a person in recovery and a yoga teacher I truly feel called to give back and connect to individuals who are working on creating and maintaining a life of health and balance, working with and through the issues that lie in ones tissues. i will forever be grateful!
I had a truly amazing weekend with Nikki at the teacher training. Nikki is so open and welcoming, I felt like I was right where I should be the entire weekend. Her knowledge of yoga and how it affects the mind body and spirit is extraordinary, and right on point. Her stories help to make the information she is sharing relatable.